The NJTPA is the regional transportation planning leader and technical and informational resource for the people of northern New Jersey that:
- Creates a vision to meet the mobility needs for people and goods;
- Develops a plan for transportation improvement and management to fulfill the vision;
- Partners with citizens, counties, cities, state, and federal entities to develop and promote the transportation plan;
- Prioritizes federal funding assistance to make the plan a reality; and
- Links transportation planning with safety and security, economic growth, environmental protection, growth management, and quality of life goals for the region.
2011 NJTPA Introductory NJTPA Brochure